Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Find #2000!!


WooHoo!! I made it to 2000 cache finds. It took me 2 years and 9 months to get to this point - with tons of fun along the way. I've gotten out into parks and places I've never been to before. I've met some really friendly people. I've found some great caches in very memorable spots. Thanks to everyone who helped me get this far.....those that hid caches, those that put up with the "newbee" questions, and those that came up with some fun puzzles (after all, it was those puzzles - and the thrill of the hunt - that got me hooked on this). Thanks everyone!

I happen to be traveling today so I wasn't able to really do much planning for my 2000th find. I had to pick something close but that would be memorable. So I picked Wagon Wheel Park Petting Zoo Bonus Cache (GC1C48Q). On the surface this seems like a simple puzzle but there are 6 other caches that you have to complete before you can do the final puzzle.

There were other caches in the park so I thought it would be a good place to start my caching in Dallas. So off I went....

(In the order I found them...)
Wagon Wheel Park Petting Zoo #5 - Boy I made this hard, but at least I understand what I'm looking for now.

Wagon Wheel Park Petting Zoo #6 - Humm, a DNF - am I going to be able to finish this with a DNF on one of the stages. Oh well, I'm still going to ge tthem all.

Wagon Wheel Park Petting Zoo #3 - Getting used to the way the hider hides them by this point.

Wagon Wheel Park Petting Zoo #2 - No problem - routine micro.


Wagon Wheel Park Petting Zoo #1 - Tennis balls galore if anyone needs one you can get them here.

Now solving the puzzle...

Missing one of the number might make this hard but it turns out I got lucky. #6 is the least significant digit of the north coordinate. So this just might work. Theres only 5 possible number it could be and since it's the least significant digit I decided to mark them all and look at each one.

I headed out to the first guess. Not easy to get to and I might be on private property. As I get closer I see where the private property ends and the public park begins (there's probably a way to reach this area from the park but I went a different way). Back into the trees about 100' or so and.....

Bingo!! First guess was right. I love it when I get lucky! Fun find and well worth the 2000th find.

Now I'm off for the next 1000....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats!

- Pear Head