Saturday, September 27, 2008

Cup of Joe event and caching after

Tbone and I decided that we wanted to go to the Cup Of Joe event organized by Fireman121 and Skatergirl today. It was a small gathering but we had lots of good conversation and then headed off for some caching. At the event Bus&Betty talked about their first WhereIGo cache and it made me want to find one, but even more I want to make a fun one. So that may be in the works sometime... It was also good to meet FlagFinder for the first time. Minnesotabrad rounded out the group and also brought his Cache-A-Maniac's guest coin for people to see (I left my coin at home in my coin book).

Part of our conversation at Cup of Joe was about a cache only about 1 1/2 miles from the event put out by Grey Wolf and Wild Rice called Jambro Hates . It's been DNF'ed a ton so we all thought it would be a good idea for all of us to go and look for it together. Luck for us we did. It was a bugger of a find. One of those that is right there all along and when you find it you do the famous forehead slap and "Duh!!"

Afterward Tbone and I did some more caching in the area. We ended up grabbing 7 caches and one DNF.

We spent over an hour at Centerville's 150 cache and didn't come up with the find - another DNF for us. There really aren't that many hiding spots so I hope to find that the cache is missing so we don't look so bad.

Overall it was a great day of caching. Tbone and I had a great time. Next time maybe we'll have a few more Sokratz kidlets along, too.

No comments: