Saturday, June 14, 2008

Back in the Saddle


Wow, it's been a while since I've been able to get out and do some geocaching. I've been dealing with pneumonia for the past couple of weeks and am finally well enough to get out there. So TBone and I decided to take our bikes and go ride some trails. Of course the trails we picked were loaded with caches, too. We ended up grabbing 13 today - just enough for day 13 of King Boreas' Minnesota Bakers Dozen Challenge. I still have a few more day's to fill in but I'm getting there.


Tbone and I had a great day. We found some pretty tough caches, Tbone found some fun SWAG, and we traded a few Travel Bug's and Geocoins. We scared up 5 or 6 deer - got to within about 30 -40 feet of a couple of them before they ran off. The mosquitoes were out in full force! I think they almost carried us away a few times. The worst part is when you're stopped to sign the log - the mosquitoes are relentless when your not moving!!


Then of course there were the tics. Ton's of them. As you can see from the pics we were in grassy areas so I went first to try and break the path for Tbone. That also meant that I got most of the tics. I think we pulled 15-18 tics off of my clothes. Tbone had about 4 or 5 during the day. None of them bit us, though, so it looks like we found them all.



All in all, we had a great day finding 13 caches, 5 or 6 deer, a few ducks, and lots of dragon flys - and doing it all from our bikes. Thanks for going with me today, Tbone. I had a great time!!

No comments: